Instant Pot Hummus from Dried Garbanzo BeansJump to Recipe
This Instant Pot Hummus is a super easy and quick recipe to make and share! Delicious smokey + earthy flavors made from Garbonzo Beans! Serve with Grain-Free Crackers or crackers of choice, or veggies!
How to Serve this Instant Pot Hummus
- You can serve with veggies, like carrot sticks, cucumber, celery, or any of your other favorite veggies!
- Make some delicious Gluten Free Falafels or Pita Bread and serve with your homemade Hummus!
- Use on wraps or sandwhiches, or other healthy recipes!
Why do we add baking soda?
Baking Soda is used to help break down the skin on the outside of the Garbanzo Beans – so you don’t need to remove the skins, which allows it to blend more smoothly!
Instant Pot Hummus From Dried Garbanzo Beans / Chickpeas!
Instant Pot Hummus
- 1 Instant Pot
- 1 Food Processor
- 1 lb Dried Garbonzo Beans Or Chickpeas
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 8 cups Water For Instant Pot
- ⅓ cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- 6 cloves Garlic You are welcome to Roast the Garlic too!
- ½ cup Tahini *** Optional – I have made the recipe both with and without Tahini, and both turned out great!
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 1½ tsp Himalayan or Sea Salt
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper Optional
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- ¼ Cup Water +/- depending on how thick/thin you like your hummus (In the summer, soak lemon balm in the water to give it more of a lemon flavor, and then strain)
- Chipotle Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Rinse the Garbanzo Beans
- Seal the lid and Pressure Cook/Set Manual to 35 minutes, High Pressure.
- When the timer has ended, turn off and allow full Natural Release, until the pin releases.
- Once it has naturally released, open the lid and add the cooked Garbanzo Beans to a strainer, and rinse well with cool water. Set aside.
- Add the lemon juice and garlic to your food processor. Pulse several times until the garlic is well minced.
- Add the Garbanzo Beans to the food processor and pulse several times.
- Begin to drizzle in the olive oil.
- Then drizzle the water into the mixture. Process again. (Add more if needed, up to ½ Cup)
- Taste the hummus and adjust/add any additional spices or salt to your liking!
- Transfer hummus to a serving dish and drizzle with additional olive oil and spices.
- Serve with Carrot Sticks, cucumber, or other favorite vegetables, chips, GF Falafels, or GF Pita Bread, or add to GF Wraps or GF Sandwiches!
For more Gluten-Free + Healthy Recipes, check out Healthy Livin Recipes.
I spent 5 weeks on a spiritual journey with my husband and immersed myself in the age-old traditions and rituals of yoga on Koh Phangan island in the Gulf of Thailand. Focusing on Hatha and Vinyasa Yoga. Completing my 200-Hr Yoga Teacher Training. Learn more about my experience here!
I then received my Integrative Nutrition Health coach training from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, where I learned about more than one hundred dietary theories and studied a variety of practical lifestyle coaching methods. Drawing on this knowledge, I will help you create a completely personalized “roadmap to health” that suits your unique body, lifestyle, preferences, and goals. Learn more about my training.
Learn More About Me Here!
This article may contain affiliate / compensated links which means that I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only promote products that I love and feel will benefit my healthy readers!
For full information, please see our disclaimer here