Paleo Vegetarian Stir-Fry & Stir Fry Sauce
(Paleo, Vegan, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free, Keto, Whole30, & Low-Carb Options!)
This Paleo Vegetarian Stir Fry uses cauliflower rice or regular rice (if not 100% Paleo), whatever veggies you have on hand (These are the veggies I had on hand!), and is incredibly simple to throw together after a long day at work! Options for Paleo, Whole30, Vegan, Vegetarian, low-carb, dairy-free, egg-free, and gluten-free.
Paleo Vegetarian Stir Fry
- Pressure Cooker (Optional)
- Food Processor (Optional)
Stir Fry Sauce
- ¼ Cup Water 1 Clove Garlic (Minced/Crushed)
- ¼ Cup Coconut Aminos
- ½ Tsp ½ Tsp Arrowroot Starch For thickening
- ½ Tsp ACV or Rice Vinegar
- ½ Tsp Sesame Oil Or oil of choice
- 1 Inch Piece Ginger (Grated/Minced)
- 1 Clove Garlic (Minced/Crushed)
- 1 Tsp Seaseme Oil Or Oil of Choice
- 1 Bell Pepper (Sliced)
- 4 Carrots (Sliced)
- 4 Small Beats (Sliced)
- 1 Medium Zucchini (Sliced)
- 1 Onion (Red or white) (Sliced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic Or to Taste!
- 1 Cup Pecans or Cashews
- 1 Tsp Curry Powder
- ½ Tsp Onion Powder
- ½ Tsp Garlic PowderSalt & Pepper to Taste
Cauliflower Rice / Rice
- 1 Cup Rice or Cauliflower Rice Both Optional & Depending on Paleo
Optional Additional Ingredients
- 1 Cup Broccoli
- Tamari Sauce to top
- 1 Tsp Fish Sauce to top (If not vegan/vegetarian!)
- Tofu or Meat (if not vegetarian)
Stir Fry Sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a Mason Jar and Shake! Set aside (I grate the Ginger in a cheese grater, and crush the garlic to allow more flavor!)
- Chop all the veggies (I used the food processor and the slicing attachment, to easily slice all the veggies)
2 Options – Choose 1 or 2
- (1) Pressure cook all veggies on high with 1 cup of water for 2 minutes! – Then transfer to stovetop with Sesame Oil and continue cooking to your liking
- (2) Cook the veggies in Sesame Oil (or oil of choice) in pan on stovetop over low heat until tender and cooked to your liking.
- Add in Stir-fry Sauce and spices and cook until it thickens! (Add fish sauce if not vegan/vegetarian!)
- If 100% Paleo: Create cauliflower rice using food processor, and add to pressure cooker for 2 minutes or cook over stovetop in oil of choice.
- If Not Paleo and Using Rice: Cook rice, as you typically would, (Boil or Fry) and after draining, add salt and pepper, and 1 TBS of Coconut Oil or ¼ Cup Grassfed Butter (Or to taste!)
- Serve rice of choice, top with stirfry (Serve with Tamari Sauce if you'd like!)
If you’re not Vegan/Vegetarian, Fish Sauce provides a nice saltiness to this Paleo Stir-Fry! You don’t need a lot, and it mellows out nicely combined with garlic and ginger! I never liked fish, but I was always fine with a little bit of fish sauce mixed in with curries and stir-fries!
Sesame Oil adds a nice earthy flavor to the sauce, but not necessary if you don’t have it on hand or if you are AIP!
And this is the perfect meal-prep meal!
Stir Fry Sauce in Bulk
Whole30 & Keto Friendly!
Stir Fry Sauce – takes 5 minutes to whip up and works with chicken, beef, fish or vegetarian stir-fries!
Gluten-free, grain-free, dairy-free, sugar-free & soy-free!
Makes 1 ¼ Cup – Refrigerate for up to 2 weeks
When you’re ready to cook up a stir fry, just pour it over and allow to thicken!
- ½ Cup Water (Always welcome to sub in Vegetable or bone Broth (Homemade is always my go-to!)
- ½ Cup Coconut Aminos
- 1 TBS Arrowroot Starch For thickening
- 1 Tsp ACV or Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 2 Inch Piece Ginger (Grated/Minced)
- 2 Cloves Garlic (Minced/Crushed)
Mix all the ingredients in a Mason Jar!
I personally love options, as everyone is different and not everyone follows the same diet!
If you are not Vegan/Vegetarian, throw in meat of choice! Chicken, Pork, Beef, Fish, Tofu!
You could use any veggies you have on hand or whatever is in season! I find it as a good way to clean up the fridge!
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Bok Choy
- Green Beans
- Fish Sauce
- Tamari Sauce
- Coconut Aminos
- Rice Vinegar or ACV
- Sesame Oil
- Arrowroot Starch (for thickening the sauce!)
- Organic Rice
Support your local farmers, stop at the farmers market or farm stand, or look at purchasing a CSEA! Know where your food is coming from!! Know what you’re body is consuming! Be Mindful!
This article may contain affiliate / compensated links which means that I may make a small commission at no extra cost to you. I only promote products that I love and feel will benefit my healthy readers!
For full information, please see our disclaimer here